Cataclysm: Metal Gear Solid
March 29, 2024, 04:43:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

o man i luv youre game

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: o man i luv youre game  (Read 694 times)
BobbyDo

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2013, 10:15:12 am »

its just super fun tahnks so much for making it dirverboy

but i need to no how do i not die so easy cause its hard to not die on day
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 11:01:50 am »

its just super fun tahnks so much for making it dirverboy

but i need to no how do i not die so easy cause its hard to not die on day

It was not me who made it, I just made some improvements. The game (Cataclysm) was created by Whales and his original forum is here:

http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php

...he then got bored with it and the project was picked up by a group of modders calling it "Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead". I branched off from DDA so mine and their builds are similar, their forum is here:

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com

Learning how to play and survive is the most interesting part, there are many different ways how to go about it. Basically you should look to increase your combat skills without exposing yourself to too much danger at the beginning. Practice bashing skill or unarmed combat skill, or whatever other skill on squirrels and rabbits, for example, before going into town. Don't go deep into town until you pass skill 4-5 of your desired combat skill, or have a car. Once you increase your mechanics and electronics skill to 4 you will able to hot-wire vehicles, and then you will be able to easily clear any town by driving over hundreds of monsters, but be aware car parts take damage. Use fire, wisely. Watch your XP points, watch your mood, encumbrance, thirst and hunger. Good mood over 100 increases XP points much faster, and there are other bonuses the higher the mood is, so balance what you consume and when. Listening to MP3 and some reading material also works well to keep you happy.

You can increase skills by doing stuff practically, by reading books, or by training with NPCs in exchange for money. You earn money by completing missions for NPCs and by trading items with them. NPCs are computer controlled humans, sometimes you can make friends with them. Approach new NPCs without any weapon in your hands, they could turn hostile or get scared and run away. If you make friends with them they can help you in combat and you can help them stay alive if you command them wisely and give them some spare medicine so they can heal themselves if they get into trouble. Don't loose friendly NPC until at least you learn skills from them, training with NPCs is the most efficient way to gain skills. Do things to use XP points for increasing your skills. When XP points are empty your skills can not improve, so then better read or sleep. 

If you have to fight try using windows, bushes, fences and other terrain that slows down monsters. Running away is often the best strategy at beginning. Use drugs/energy drinks to increase your speed, but don't get addicted or overdose. Run through houses and close doors behind you to slow monsters down, try to push them away if they are blocking the door. Don't get surrounded, approach your destination trying to keep all the monsters at one direction from you. Don't rush, look at your "radar" at the right-top side of the screen for early monster warning, try to sneak around without being spotted, don't make to much noise. Read NPC hints when talking to them, they are helpful. Read in-game help, key '?'. Play tutorial game in "Special" menu on the start screen. See those forums above for more detailed info and description of specific strategies.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:00:28 am by Driverboy » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum