Cataclysm: Metal Gear Solid
March 19, 2024, 12:12:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Graphics: sprites and tiles

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics: sprites and tiles  (Read 5217 times)
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 02:25:14 am »

Any Ideas on what to do next? Or any improvements?
I did work a little on cabins, No log wall textures at the moment. Just wood walls.

I already have 99% of terrain tiles, and that's it, done. I'm not going to use sprites for monsters and items. Fields and traps maybe.

I played the game and changed things I didn't like, then I looked at tileset.json and did sprites that had fg= 0. I guess you could do the same. Try to make it look consistent, same style all around. Use the same brown color for dirt and grass if you want to blend them better and avoid those grass tiles looking as discrete squares. You can define separate sprites for vertical and horizontal fences or railings, and some other terrain tiles like that.

I think you better work with people on DDA forum, they need all the help they can get and your tileset will get greater exposure. I expect tilesets will be compatible between DDA and MGS.
Report Spam   Logged
wad67

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 01:42:56 am »

I am not particularly interested in collaborating, once the game hits a stable state I might be tempted to make a standalone texture pack, but for the time being I am content with modifying them for my own purposes.
I have lost interest in the DDA branch, simply because it runs terribly slow compared to MGS, and getting square fonts to work is a pain.
Report Spam   Logged
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 02:55:23 am »

I am not particularly interested in collaborating, once the game hits a stable state I might be tempted to make a standalone texture pack, but for the time being I am content with modifying them for my own purposes.
I have lost interest in the DDA branch, simply because it runs terribly slow compared to MGS, and getting square fonts to work is a pain.

Ok, let me know if you are missing something from DDA that is not in my build.
Report Spam   Logged
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 05:50:15 am »

Tiles 99% done, more balancing and more polishing for the next release...

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 04:59:29 am by Driverboy » Report Spam   Logged
wad67

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 02:36:28 am »

Liking those new log walls   Wink
Looking good.
Report Spam   Logged
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 06:46:41 am »

Have you been playing lately, survived winter yet? Killed triffid heart, raided any labs? Tamed any wild beasts and drove with the in a car, trained any pets to skill higher than 5? Seen any bugs, glitches, or anything else in need of balancing, improving, polishing?

Report Spam   Logged
wad67

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 12:31:15 am »

I did encounter some kind of strange activity regarding crashing vehicles, I hit a stand of trees at some force and destroyed my controls, I could not wait or do anything else other than bail out and kill myself in the process (the car still had quite a bit of speed).
Pressing the wait key results in "You need controls to drive from here" (Or whatever the standard message for that may be.)
Report Spam   Logged
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 12:39:39 am »

I did encounter some kind of strange activity regarding crashing vehicles, I hit a stand of trees at some force and destroyed my controls, I could not wait or do anything else other than bail out and kill myself in the process (the car still had quite a bit of speed).
Pressing the wait key results in "You need controls to drive from here" (Or whatever the standard message for that may be.)

You mean pressing wait key didn't move the vehicle so it can slow down by itself? Have you tried braking, handbrake?

Report Spam   Logged
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 12:07:04 pm »

DOWNLOAD (02. August), MGSmod rev.83b-tiles:
http://www.mediafire.com/?umd1w1k82w2a8tp
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum