Cataclysm: Metal Gear Solid
April 19, 2024, 06:17:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Graphics: sprites and tiles

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics: sprites and tiles  (Read 5250 times)
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2013, 12:39:32 am »

By accident I went on to modify your message instead of replying to it, that's why it says at the bottom it was edited.

Thanks for the quick reply, I still do have sound I was just wondering if that related to the issue at all.

While running in ASCII mode (f3) It does not crash at all when I walk over the stairs tile. - I have not swapped over the 64 bit dlls yet.
And after changing the graphics for the stairs, I cannot get this to reproduce, However I think it may actually depend on which set of stairs, I am not adamant that it is crashing on all stairs which is rather strange.
I have tried all of the previous builds and I have not encountered this bug.

Nothing similar ever happened to me and I'm always keen on fixing bugs, so I'm very curious to track it down. If it happens again or if you see any other problems I'll be looking forward to fixing them all.

That being the only problem so far, It is refreshing playing in a square font, and it runs much faster than the DDA editions.

I changed up the graphics a little, they seemed a little bit too blocky in some areas. If you wanna use any of it feel free.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/tile.bmp

I will swap over the dll files and get back to you ASAP, thanks.

I prefer ASCII version, but if you are going to work on this tileset later it can be moved to DDA once they get the tiles support.

Let me know if you want to make monsters and items sprites too and I'll compile a version that shows all the sprites instead ASCII symbols. If you want to add some sprites that are not defined yet (shown as blue outline ASCII) you can do it by editing "tileset.json" file. Let me know if you want to know more and how exactly to do that.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum