Cataclysm: Metal Gear Solid
April 18, 2024, 07:31:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

DOWNLOAD - Cataclysm: Metal Gear Zombie

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DOWNLOAD - Cataclysm: Metal Gear Zombie  (Read 4347 times)
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2013, 12:20:45 am »

Hello LC/Driverboy,
I just wanted to say that I have been playing Cataclysm for a while now (since the first version Whales released to the public) and I saw the hate posts about you in the DDA forums. I decided to play your version since people at DDA said it was bad and I felt that it was actually pretty decent. The opinions that some people have about you may be true or they may be false, but you seem like a decent programmer with some good ideas so I really don't care about your sanity (or lack thereof). I do however have some questions about your version and I believe MGS could potentially become better than DDA if you worked on it some more.

Hello.

Firstly, do you intend on working on Cataclysm: MGS anymore?

If so what kind of content do you plan on adding?

Not for PC. I think it is good enough for what it is. I was thinking of making proper Android port, but then I realized I'd be better off making a whole new game from scratch. Something like Resident Evil with Jagged Alliance type of turn based combat. I like "combine items" feature in both those games rather than Cataclysm crafting menu. I prefer balanced simplicity over ton of purposeless content and tedious complexity, strategy and tactics rather than exploration. I also had enough of ACSII, I normally do 3D graphics, it's what I enjoy making the most.

Is there an ascii option?

Yes, press F3 to switch between tiles and ASCII.

Why do you waste your time at DDA forums? Your version has potential, why bother trying to fix their problems?

It's for fun.

Anyway, I really like your ability to implement the Z levels, when DDA was been making excuses for ages about development.

Cheers.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum