Cataclysm: Metal Gear Solid
April 19, 2024, 03:55:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

What are the SDL .dll's for? Also audio/tiles question.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the SDL .dll's for? Also audio/tiles question.  (Read 900 times)
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2013, 03:29:14 pm »

I downloaded the MGSmod rev.83b-tiles mod and played it yesterday, was pretty fun actually. As for the 64 bit SDL .dll's that are listed. What are these for? I ignored them for now but am wondering if they are needed for anything specific and that I use windows 64 bit.

They are substitutes for 32-bit .dll files. There was a guy with 64-bit Win8 that said the game didn't work, so I gave him those 64-bit .dll files and he said that fixed the problem. If it works for you as it is just ignore them.

Also I do enjoy playing DDA as well so is there a way to get the music & tiles to work on there also? I find this mod to be more addictive than DDA but that is just my opinion, then again maybe I played DDA a bit too much. The tiles and audio seem to give it more atmosphere as well but if there is a way to put them to work with DDA I would be a happy camper from both worlds.

Music and sound effects make the game 100x better for me, I'm quite surprised it didn't generate more attention. At the time I implemented and was offering it to be merged into DDA both builds were still compatible and it was basically a matter of pressing a button to get it into DDA. But for some strange reason they ignored it and now it would be much harder, but still it could be done in one afternoon if you are familiar with the code.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum