Cataclysm: Metal Gear Solid
March 28, 2024, 09:19:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Why all the spam and bandodge?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why all the spam and bandodge?  (Read 1577 times)
Sheb

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2013, 09:52:54 am »

Actually, something I've been wondering. Why all the spam and bandodge on Bay12 and the Cata forum? All they do is make people distrust and dislike you and your work. And it's not really good advertisement, as shown by the fact that we're only 2 on this forum. So yeah, why do you keep doing this, rather than try to engage constructively with people?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 02:07:07 am »

Actually, something I've been wondering. Why all the spam and bandodge on Bay12 and the Cata forum? All they do is make people distrust and dislike you and your work. And it's not really good advertisement, as shown by the fact that we're only 2 on this forum. So yeah, why do you keep doing this, rather than try to engage constructively with people?

It's not me who is banning, it's not me who is censoring. I'm simply sharing, informing. You should be more worried about people lying to you and trying to keep information away from you.
Report Spam   Logged
Sheb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 06:32:19 am »

Posting the same copy-pasted ads without participating in the disucssion is spam and is unwelcome anywhere on the internet. It's not just Bay1 of DDA, when I was looking for this forum, typing Cataclysm:MGZ in google brought at least a few more forums where you practiced the same thing.
Report Spam   Logged
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 07:29:51 am »

Posting the same copy-pasted ads without participating in the disucssion is spam and is unwelcome anywhere on the internet. It's not just Bay1 of DDA, when I was looking for this forum, typing Cataclysm:MGZ in google brought at least a few more forums where you practiced the same thing.

I wouldn't need to be re-posting if they weren't deleting it. You should be more worried about people lying to you and trying to keep information away from you. Why do you think it should be deleted, why do you think people should not know about it?

Of course I posted info about the game on more forums, like people who make free games do. What's your problem, how do you imagine people would get know about it otherwise?
Report Spam   Logged
Sheb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 08:56:38 am »

It's not the fact that you posted, it, it's the way you do it. You're spamming, which explain why every single forum has been locking you.

It also makes people distrust you, to tell you to what point, I actually used a different password that the one I use on most forum here, because I wouldn't trust you at all.

Spamming thread and attacking for no reason is not communicating. People were open before you started spamming and ban-dodigng.

How would you react if DarklingWolf created a new account everyday to copy-paste ads for DDA here?
Report Spam   Logged
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 09:23:43 am »

You should be more worried about people lying to you and trying to keep information away from you.
Report Spam   Logged
Sheb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 09:36:40 am »

They're not lying to me in any way. As for keeping information from me, you're ton one that keep his source code closed.
Report Spam   Logged
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 10:16:37 am »

As for keeping information from me, you're ton one that keep his source code closed.

I said I'll give you the source code and even help you make the changes you want.

They're not lying to me in any way.

GalenEvil Tiles (August 19) - Windows binary:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o22kupk98bc35ac/Evil-tiles.zip

Utunnels Tiles (May 29) - Windows binary (F3 switch TILES/ASCII):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u7kx5y66vi4xbsi/Utunnels-tiles.zip

They told you they are going make tiles support, they took your money for it, and they told you there are tilesets ready to go. But in fact they stole someone else's code and after four weeks only managed to make it worse, where originally there was 80% sprites and tiles done, now there is 90% missing. Just wait for z-levels, they have no clue what are they going to do or even how is it supposed to work. You got scammed by clueless bunch of wannabe programmers selling you their dreams and taking credit for other people's work.
Report Spam   Logged
Sheb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 10:37:57 am »

I didn't donate anything, except time for the French translation. They never told anyone they were tilesets ready to go. And they never took credit for anyone's work, as GalenEvil has regularly cited utunnel both on forum and the dev logs.

Anyway, please stop. Look on Bay12: Toady is another programmer doing his own little free game. Your relentless spam is taking significant development time away. If you want to discuss, discuss, but just stay quite, refrain from ad hominem and don't just post the same thing again and again.

Moreover, it's not working. If you had a community or anything to show for it, maybe, but you're actively keeping people away with your behavior. Look at the CDDA forum and yours. One got a vibrant community, now spanning several language, and the other got you and me. This is not because of the CDDA team, it's your own making. You're not going to draw anyone with spam and ban-dodging.
Report Spam   Logged
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 04:14:22 am »

They never told anyone they were tilesets ready to go.

- "... You'll be able to plug in and play with a variety of community provided graphics packs, many of which already exist and are ready to go."
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/568375735/cataclysm-dark-days-ahead-dedicated-developer

- "... our programmer has begun work on getting tileset support working, and is making good progress. I expect it to be finished early next week, and several folks on the forum have tilesets ready to plug in and go."
http://en.cataclysmdda.com/posts

And they never took credit for anyone's work, as GalenEvil has regularly cited utunnel both on forum and the dev logs.

Who is going to get the credit for making tiles support, who is getting the money? GalenEvil mentioned Utunnels, but give him no credit for doing 90% of the job and instead pretends he designed and made it himself. Look at those two links above, he made nothing, it was more functional three months ago. See it, believe it. Utunnels is also not credited for his SDL port. There is no Teseng in game credits for making original Windows port. Acidia is not in game credits for his new buildings. I'm not credited anywhere for making animations work on Windows.

Anyway, please stop. Look on Bay12: Toady is another programmer doing his own little free game. Your relentless spam is taking significant development time away. If you want to discuss, discuss, but just stay quite, refrain from ad hominem and don't just post the same thing again and again.

Moreover, it's not working. If you had a community or anything to show for it, maybe, but you're actively keeping people away with your behavior. Look at the CDDA forum and yours. One got a vibrant community, now spanning several language, and the other got you and me. This is not because of the CDDA team, it's your own making. You're not going to draw anyone with spam and ban-dodging.

It's not your concern. You should be more worried about people lying to you and trying to keep information away from you.

GalenEvil on August 07, 2013:
- "hope I can get this all done by quitting time tomorrow"
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=2093.msg35888

GalenEvil on August 14, 2013:
- "I'll be spending today working on getting everything finalized."
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=2674.msg37794

GalenEvil on August 18, 2013:
- "I am at an almost satisfactory position and will be putting it up in about 2 hours"
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=1925.msg38839
Report Spam   Logged
Sheb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 11:41:26 am »

It is my concern. I enjoy those games and I don't want you to delay or **** off the people doing it. You know what? If you continue, I think I'll kjust quit and join the other on reporting you on sight. Enjoy your community of one.

P.S. And yeah, I know GalenEvil has been late. Doesn't give you the right to start attacking everyone for no good reasons. And his code has been updated by now, it's in the repo.
Report Spam   Logged
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 12:00:18 am »

It is my concern. I enjoy those games and I don't want you to delay or **** off the people doing it. You know what? If you continue, I think I'll kjust quit and join the other on reporting you on sight. Enjoy your community of one.

Delay? You can only thank me for making the game better, and if they listened to me more there would also be music and sound support now, it would be much faster and smoother, it would have properly working NPCs, above ground z-levels, dozens of crashes and hundreds of bugs and glitches less, and fully functional tiles support long time ago, plus more.

My ungrateful human friend, I am only sharing, informing, I'm not the one who is lying, stealing, leeching and scamming. So you are not here because you are playing my mod, you actually came here only to pick a fight with me, to do what you are accusing me of. Oh, the irony. But I forgive you, because I'm amazing.

P.S. And yeah, I know GalenEvil has been late. Doesn't give you the right to start attacking everyone for no good reasons. And his code has been updated by now, it's in the repo.

He's been saying for three weeks it's all almost done, but as of today his most recent code is still missing vehicles, furniture, monsters, items, traps, fields, sunlight/shadows, and have tiles without transparency. Where originally there was 80% sprites and tiles done, now there is still 90% missing. Attacking would be when you fabricate lies and make false accusations, like you are doing here. On the other hand, since I'm telling the truth, it's called "exposing". You are like Gestapo, I'm like WikiLeaks.
Report Spam   Logged
Sheb

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 03:40:56 am »

You're like a NSA analyst that decide to barge into people's thanksgiving diners and start yelling "You didn't do the dishes one week ago! And you faked sickness not to go see your brother-in-law art show!". Possibly true, but annoying and misleading for lack of context.

I'm off. If you can't work with other persons, don't be surprised if your game doesn't attract anyone. At this point, its not the game itself that is turning people off, it's your behaviour. If you learn to be respectful and polite, then it might have a future, but you're killing it.
Report Spam   Logged
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 07:06:03 am »

Adieu.
Report Spam   Logged
Driverboy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 03:33:13 am »

Quote from: Sheb @ Bay 12 Games Forum
Ahah, the review section for LazyCat's MAME emulator is amazing: tons of people complaining it doesn't work and contain a virus.

It works without a glitch on two dozen phones and tablets I tested it with. People reporting virus are the same kind of lying idiots like your Gestapo friends on DDA and DF forums.

And of course it doesn't say where the code came from.

Install it and look at the credits, stupid.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ctMAME
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum