Cataclysm: Metal Gear Solid
April 19, 2024, 08:04:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Factions

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Factions  (Read 1089 times)
Sheb

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2013, 09:51:32 am »

Ok. First, why do you speak of 25*25 when the tile size is only between 12*12 and 17*17? Also, I'm no programmer, but since the games run SDL, wouldn't any more graphic thing end up being processed by the GPU? As such, since Cata's graphics are limited, you're unlikely to exceed your GPU capacity by increasing window size.

I could be wrong though.

Anyway, is it just me, or are you really averse to having people customize their game? AFAIK, changing tiles require a recompile (and since your code is hidden, no one but you can do it), changing volume require messing with files, one can't change the window size... It seems to me you're making a game for yourself, suited to your particular need, with little regards to other people. There is nothing wrong in itself with that, but it makes it harder to build a community. I actually know of a single game based on that principle with a decent following and it's Aurora, but that game is kind of in a niche of itself, while Cataclysm do have other concurrent.

Moreover, one of the attraction of roguelike is large, rapidly evolving content, but here since nothing is in .json and the code is not public, the fact is that no one except you can add anything.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum